Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good Works

I met a Jehovah Witness at the door today and they kept trying to  explain to me about the necessity of doing good works, so that we can get to heaven. I didn't want to be rude or anything, but I couldn't help saying, "I trust in Jesus. I'm a christian." They didn't care... they continued to tell me about their lives in the Jehovah Witness and everything that they have to do and such. After they left, it got me thinking, "Wow... they were really insistent."

I wish as a Christian that I could be so insistent and constantly telling others about Jesus. Even though I don't have to do good works to get into heaven, God wants us to do good works. He commands us in the Bible to share His love with others! Anyway, I know this isn't like my usual style of posting, but I thought I'd share this with you, since it's been on my mind.

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  - Ephesians 2:10 -

No comments:

Post a Comment