Friday, August 31, 2012

Fear


 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9

Sometimes, fear takes over my heart. I'll get really nervous and start shaking and hyperventilating. I won't be able to think of anything, my mind freezes up. When I have these times, I'll grab my Bible and hold it in my hands while I'm curled in a ball. Just the Bible itself comforts me. When my mind starts clearing up a bit, I start quoting this verse over and over and over. Then, God just fills me with peace and calmness. Even though I'll still be frightened, he's right there with me. He's comforting me and loving me. He's always there, no matter what. Through the fears, through the tough times, through the fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment