Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Faith, Love and Peace - 2 Timothy 2:22

Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. -2 Timothy 2:22

When I came across this verse, it really struck me, because I'd never paid a lot of attention to it before. Since it has the word youth in it, it really called out to me, since I'm a youth and really showed me that I need to not be worrying about my life and things that are useless, but set my mind and heart upon righteousness, faith, love and peace. Sometimes it can be so hard to follow what God wants us to, because we have so many things to keep us sidetracked: television, celebrities, sports, music, magazines, movies.... the list goes on and on and will always continue to go on and on. This verse tahgut me that I need to do less worrying about those things and more worrying about following the things that God wants us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment