Monday, February 4, 2013

In God's Image? Really?


I was reading Colossians 1 tonight, and I read the verses that talk about the Supremacy of Christ. (15-23) As I read verse 16, I was struck with guilt. It says, For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or powers, or rulers, or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. Then verse 17 says, He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

These verses made me think.... rulers and authorities, eh? Well, that includes, Obama doesn’t it?

I’m going to be honest and blunt and say… I despise Obama. I gag when I see him. I can’t stand to watch him speak or even see his face. It makes me sick. But…

God created him.

Obama was created in GOD’S IMAGE.

As much as I detest Obama, he was created BY GOD.

He was created SPECIALLY and UNIQUELY by God.

In GOD’S IMAGE.

How many other people were created by God? Oh, yeah… EVERYONE!  Every single person you see was created by God.

If you start looking at people with that perspective, your perspective will change. Trust me, it will.

Mine did.

Obama was created in God’s image. That nerdy kid down the street?  Yeah, him too. That weird emo kid who sits in the corner? Yeah,…. he was too. That beautiful popular girl who doesn’t have real friends? Yep, her too. Your dad? Yep. Your mom? Yep. Your scary math teacher who seems out to get you? Mhmm. As hard as it is to believe, they were too!

God has plans for them. Not only did he CREATE them, but he did it in HIS IMAGE.

If you treated every person you met as someone created in God’s image, you would have to change a lot of things.

It’s hard, but it’s possible. Are you ready for a change of perspective?

1 comment:

  1. That is a really good message that we all need. I think we all tend to see people from a biased point of view instead of how God wants us to see them. All people have value to God and instead of just focusing on who they are right now, we can pray for them to be more like God wants them to be.
    Thanks for the encouraging post!

    ~Moriah

    ReplyDelete